Kadayawan Invasion 2016 is just a few days away. And I can’t help but get excited and reminisce on my fondest Invasion memories.
It was in August 2014 when I received my first invitation from telecom giant SMART to attend and cover the first Kadayawan Invasion. Needless to say, I was overly excited. Look at excited me in 2014.
I didn’t think it was possible for Kadayawan Invasion 2015 to exceed my 2014 experience but it certainly did. The stage was bigger. The eagle was stunning. The lights, smoke effects, and over all production took my breath away. And the beats was perfect to get everybody in a party mood.
SMART brought Brand Ambassadors Nix Damn P and MC Pao Avila to liven up the party and Inno Naguit to play at the after party. David Guison, undoubtedly the number one male fashion blogger in the country was also present to join the fun.
So when the opportunity to attend Sinulog Invasion 2016 came up, I could not resist. And I didn’t regret any part of it at all.
There was a much bigger crowd that Kadayawan Invasions and the crowd was wilder but not too rowdy or crazy. Just enough to keep the hype up until past 2 am.
After 2 Kadayawan Invasions and 1 Sinulog Invasion, I still have not gotten tired of it and I am more excited than ever to attend Kadayawan Invasion 2016.
Kadayawan Invasion 2016
So here we are, Kadayawan Invasion 2016 is just days away.
Once again, the Crocodile Park Grounds will play host to the kick off party of Invasion Tour 2016. I! Am! Excited!
Just look at that line up: Tom Taus, Mother Bass, Nix Damn P!, Inno Naguit, Funk Avy, Jack Ripper, and awesome hypeman MC Pao. The beats and mixes are gonna be so hot that I will definitely find it hard to resist.
Plus, there will be a fun Smart dome in the middle of the field. Like this one at the Sinulog Invasion.
I am expecting games, special promos, freebies, and a raffle.
Plus, there will be mobile bars, food stalls, and other merchants.
The crazy thing is, I am not usually fond of big crowds and anything held outdoors. Being the extra sweaty person I am, I sweat even when I am inside an airconditioned room. So imagine how uncomfortable I am in the middle a large hyped up crowd in an outdoor setting. But here’s the thing… when you’re in the company of good people, in the midst of an overwhelmingly good production, with top DJs, MCs, and spinners on stage, how could you not love every moment of it. (Even if you have to sometimes get literally dirty and have to pee in a dark portalet.)
Kadayawan Invasion 2016 Diyosa Guide
So I present to you (not a Survival Guide but a) Diyosa Guide to enjoying Kadayawan Invasion 2016.
- Be in the company of good people. People who will enjoy being there. People who will still manage to take care of each other even if most of you have had more than enough share of alcohol.
- Get the right tickets for the kind of Invasion experience you want. If you want to dance and get crazy with the crowd, get General Admission (GA) tickets for P400 a piece. If you want a less crowded, more comfortable experience like me, get a VIP Ticket for only P850 each. And if your squad has some pretty heavy drinkers, get the VIP experience for P20,000. This includes 10 VIP Tickets, 2 bottles of hard liquor and two bottles of soda. More details about this at this link.
- Dress for the occasion. As you can see in the photos above, I usually dress in shorts and a sleeveless shirt (sando in Tagalog). Easy and breezy. I used to wear rubber slippers to Invasion events, but I recently found our at slip on sneakers or espadrilles are more comfortable. Plus, there are affordable sneakers you can buy from department stores. If it gets really dirty or a bit damaged, you won’t really worry much about it. The best guideline for this is to dress comfortably in clothes you’re willing to get dirty on.
- Bring only the essentials. Bring at least one mobile phone and the necessary accessories that go with it, like a cable and a powerbank. I always bring my SMART Pocket WiFi gadget and make sure I am subscribed to the best prepaid data plan #SmartGiga50.
Plus, I bring wet tissues and powder and lip color to retouch. Always bring money (OF COURSE!) in coins and in small amounts. And don’t forget to bring any form of identification, just in case. I put all of these is a zip waterproof sling bag. Plus, I bring a jigger glass in a sling coz I just have to be prepared in case the mobile bars run out of cups.
- Know the party map. By now, practically everybody knows where the Crocodile Park Grounds are. But every Invasion has a new and improved party lay out. Here is this year’s lay out.
Know your entrance and exit. Know where the bars and food stalls are, and where the Smart Dome is. And know where the portalets are. It is also good to have a predetermined spot and time for you and your squad to meet up before going home in case you lose each other while partying.
- Be safe and secure. Know the rules. Follow the rules. Check out these Safety Reminders.
- Know your limits. Only you know yourself best so listen to your gut and make sure to police and take care of yourself first, before others. And don’t overindulge that you end up ruining you friends’ night
- Commute. Don’t drink and drive. It might be a hassle but it is the right decision. Download the GrabTaxi app and use the code INVASION to get PhP 50 OFF. Code valid on August 20-21, 2016 only. Another option which I love taking is riding a tricycle when going home.
My most important tip? Do not be a diva. Do not be a party pooper. Enjoy the moment. It’s not going to be a perfect experience for everybody. Do not be the one to spoil another person’s fun. If you’re really not feeling it, go home rather than ruin it for everybody else.
So get ready. Get hyped. Enjoy the night. It’s gonna be lit. I guarantee it.
Thank you, SMART Communications for inviting me and Davao Bloggers to Kadayawan Invasion 2016! Read about other SMART Kadayawan events at this link.
To see our lit up Kadayawan Invasion 2016 experience, check out the hashtags #SMARTKadayawan and #KadayawanInvasion. Follow me on social media at http://www.facebook.com/DiyosaBlogger on Facebook, @RiaJOse on Twitter, @RiaJoseDavao on Instagram, and @RiaJoseDavao on SnapChat.
To know more about the Invasion Tour, visit the Kadayawan Invasion Site at http://spectrum.ph/invasiondavao/ or check the Facebook Event Page at https://web.facebook.com/events/318273528513007/. Follow Invasion Tour on Facebook at https://web.facebook.com/invasiontourph/, on Instagram @invasiontour and @spectrumph, and on Twitter @spectrumph.